CC naming per synth

laual

Hi all,

I don't know if I'm right to post in a separate topic but I think it will be easier for other people to find the thread if needed.

I was wondering if it is possible to name the CC on the MIDIBOX SEQ V4+?

As of now, they are named after the general midi specification but I would like to be able to specify a name for each number in the preset of a track. For example, my Blofeld receives tons of CC but it's always a pain to lookup the CC in the midi specification of the synth. The same goes for my LXR Drum Synth.

Thanks for any response!

Laurent

• 2 months later...

@latigid on, this will work for one synth only I guess, correct? How would you handle multiple with different CC assignments?

I'm coming from squarp pyramid where they have a great feature where you can create a config file for each synth you own that includes all the midi setting and labels for all CCs. Awesome feature.

Hi, 

@latigid on Sorry, I forgot to answer... Yes, that would be a solution but only for one synth from my understanding. It would create more confusion since I'm using several synths. 

@Roy That's exactly what I would like. Currently, I have a preset and a track category for each synth/drum machine, it would be awesome to label the CC according to them. For now, I just lookup the CCs in the manual :) 

On 8/28/2020 at 9:37 AM, latigid on said: