Issues with Live recording from MIDI IN

BG

Hi!

I'm quite new to the MidiBox v4, just learning the usage and work-flow, find it a great and deep machine (thanks TK!). Using OS v. 4+0.95

I have an issue with it that the Live recording of notes from MIDI In keyboard is sometimes weird.
I try to record some Notes from a connected MIDI keyboard via MIDI IN, but the recording has different note-lengths than played, and also it happens often that some notes are missed in the recorded pattern. Also I didn't find the options to change Recording mode from Replace to Add, so the notes are not replaced when the play pointer returns to the place when I started entering notes.

Any advice please what I'm doing wrong, or what is the good way for setup of the Live Recording mode, so I can record some patterns on-the-fly via MidiIn?

Thanks, BG

30 minutes ago, jjonas said:

Have you had a look at the Beginner's Guide? Perhaps section 4. Entering notes (and subsection 4.1.4. Live recording) could be useful for your situation.

Sure, I read it through, I'm not SO new user, and the manuals are always the first thing for me to read through, even before I have practically the gadget in front of me :-) 
I also have the shortcut to Jam page on one of the F buttons, the other being the Record

The problem I have it that the Note Lengths are sometimes recorded erratically. So if I play short notes, they get long or gliding to the next. And when this happens, the notes always get longer, never shorter. But it also happens that while recording via MIdiIn the note entered first gets cut-off at Monitoring, though they get recorded with the longer length.
Hope I could describe this problem :-) 

And I didn't find the Add/Replace Recording setting in the Manual either. Or does it works like some automatic thing, that when you held the notes over the next loop repeat, it deletes the previous notes?

BG