MBNG All Lights On Code + Best way to Power

jemtone31

Hi, I  building a MBNG to control logic pro X. The idea is to let logic built in functions b the brains of a drum machine. Which is very doable but I have questions

1) All LEDS ON...where and best way to accomplish this in code

2) What's best way to power MBNG and 60 LED's that will b on all the time using the DOUT boards ( tried connecting an open power pin and in usb mode..but it's not best as LED's are or it seems are using too much power.

I have AINSER64 with power components already connected...  I need to know -AINSER64 uses what specs wall wart. And will this b best solution...help my friends! Please!?

You could write an NGR script to address LEDs in sequence:

https://github.com/midibox/mios32/tree/master/apps/controllers/midibox_ng_v1/cfg/midiphy

It is a very hacky script and could be much nicer with a few for loops.

You can use the MIOS terminal command

set dout all 1

(or 0 if the cathodes sink into 595 inputs). It really depends on your setup, whether you have transistors, whether you drive LEDs in a matrix etc.

You will need a better +5V PSU though as whatever MCU you are using might drop out of regulation with too much draw.

Thank u ever so kindly. It's amazing how such a small sentence could change everything. I'm thankful for MB. I wish there was another section designed to teach the FROM SCRATCH approach. NGR NGC etc..

Yes building the units are time best spent. Learning the code would time best learned. Who's up for a lesson, I'd b a great student! Willing to donate happily!

29 minutes ago, latigid on said:

Just post here! I think you would make great friends with Mr. @ssp :)

hmm.. i probably ask more questions that I already know the answer to..  it just takes me a little while to catch up with my brain. 

So i am looking at the question, so am i correct in you want to build a controller to control a drum machine plugin in logic?  Please bear in mind I dont use logic i use presonus studio one, i havent turned my mac on in years and its an old G4 mirror door!!

You could have a look through my thread in the MBNG section, it shows me learning the basics and progressing slowly, making mistakes and asking for help. 

I dont always understand it straight away but I get there eventually as it shows as I progress.

If I can help I will, otherwise the other members will step in I am sure ;) @latigid on ;)

One thing try using a good powered usb hub and plug your mbng into that, thats how i am running mine.

Edited by ssp

I'm building a controlling. It will control all aspects that come generic in Studio One and Logic that side in the creation of Building drum beats/patterns/fills. Purpose being....when it's time to do drums...I will sit in front of my new controller and touch no mouse touch no keyboard,..just the controller to do drums. And...the response from the SO 5,LOGIC..willWS2812 RGB LEDs be super snappy fast as I will be using only what they provide so no pressure on cpu. I was thinking build a seqv4+ but...I thought this would be a fun test/project before going that route. :)

I'm building a controlling. It will control all aspects that come generic in Studio One and Logic that side in the creation of Building drum beats/patterns/fills. Purpose being....when it's time to do drums...I will sit in front of my new controller and touch no mouse touch no keyboard,..just the controller to do drums. And...the response from the SO 5,LOGIC..will be super snappy fast as I will be using only what they provide so no pressure on cpu. I was thinking to build a seqv4+ but...I thought this would be a fun test/project before going that route. :)