Bug when changing layer assignment in drum track?

Roy

I'm a total noob as I only started using the seq today, but I'm seeing something weird, repro steps:

• Make G1T1 a Drum track (2*64/2*128)
  • Go To EVNT -> LayB and scroll thru all the option until you get to the last item in the "list", which is "control"
  • I'm asked to INIT the track <-- BUG?
  • If I go out and don't init, I see Buch of question marks and the track won't play anymore when I hit "play". <-- BUG?

Can someone please confirm this is not only happening on my SEQ?

Thanks.

Edited by Roy

Roy, I get the same thing,  whenever a drum track with two layers (layA and layB) has layB set to Ctrl, and I jump back to Edit mode, the question marks appear.

Im not even sure what Ctrl is supposed to do..?  But yes, it keeps anything from being set into the pattern.  

If layA is set to Ctrl, the question marks do not appear.

Another interesting thing is that if you see all the questionmarks in edit mode and then go back to Menu,Evnt, the track is shown as a basic Note 16/64/8 type, even though it was initialized as a drum track earlier.

-Steve

Well, mental note -if you need Ctrl track, use LayerA.

I’m sure this’ll get explained and or fixed.  Maybe have something to do with the process of reading ahead in a track to set parameters of things which sounds like something “Ctrl” May need to do..  

Steve

Edited by srmaietta

• 2 weeks later...

I notice if you set LayB to Ctrl while you are setting up the track and then INIT, LayB reverts back to Roll. 

This is from the changelog:

• New parameter layer "Ctrl" allows to change track parameters as documented in the doc/mbseqv4_cc_implementation.txt table (previously this was only possible from a dedicated loopback track).

It seems like it is buggy, I got the same result as OP but I usually set up a drum track and never touch it again, changing the number of parameters/steps will result in loosing the track because it needs to be INIT again to be setup for the new values resulting in all input being lost.