Where can I download modern pickit programming software fpr windows

Al99

On 2/23/2021 at 10:06 AM, Al99 said:

I have also tried your preprogrammed chip, I'd 0000 0000 0000 0000 and I get some writing on the screen “MidiboxSID V2. 044“ and MIOS8 V1. 9h" but when I query the core I get bootloader is up and running not application is up and running any idea why? Thanks

Looks like you're making progress. Seeing the boot-up message on your LCD obviously confirms that MIOS and the SID firmware are active.

I ran those PICs in my own MB-6582 for more than 24 hours, with all the SID engines going and there were no hiccups. All the communications test with MIOS were solid (programming firmware to each PIC, multiple test runs of installing patches to the banksticks, etc.). Each core responded well to control surface tweaks and changes as well. It seems unlikely that you would be having issues with the PICs themselves now.

On 2/23/2021 at 9:47 AM, Al99 said:

...I did a loop back test to find out how to set my midis port 2x2 correctly then soldered a wire between the rx and tx pins on the pic socket and put the pic in and powered up on the core...

Do you mean that you soldered two separate wires to monitor communications (one to the TX and another wire to the RX)? ..Your description seems to imply you shorted the RX to the TX pins together. That would obviously make communications impossible. Assuming you meant the former (two wires), then you can monitor the signal from each pin to get a sense of how they're attempting to talk to the world. A basic logic analyzer can could come in handy for this (https://www.ebay.com/itm/Logic-Analyzer-Device-USB-Saleae-24M-8CH-ARM-FPGA-For-3C-Digital-Support-1-1-16/133471685789?hash=item1f13884c9d:g:BrgAAOSwvIlfGBNy)

I took a quick look at the MIDI interface whitelist (http://www.midibox.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=midi_interface_whitelist) and can see that the MIDISPORT 2x2 is supported by MIOS, although there's a warning in there about toggling MIDI Thru to off. Assume you've checked that already?

Edited by dwestbury

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I have made 3 cores all of which have turned out faulty, on the first core the midi pins didn't work and give an upload signal from the core until I soldered the rx and tx pins together as described in troubleshooting midi connections, then after a while it stopped giving an upload request again, why am I having such a faulty time when I follow the schematic when soldering and buy all the right parts from reichelt, please help me move my project forward, on some of my cores I am not even getting the mios screen on the lcd or the upload signal, can you point me in the right direction as what to check for, thanks. 

• 2 weeks later...

I am having a horrendous time with my cores, I am that bad at soldering and electronics it seems that sometimes they are not even powering on and when they do power on I just get black boxes on the lcds with no writing even when using a pre-programmed chip and when I do get text I still can't detect mios over midi, Is there any pcb kit that fits straight in to the c64 case I can buy that features the 4 connected cores and the power supply circuit? Thanks.