Adressing devices with USB OTG

Karg

Hi,

unfortunately, I am stuck right now. How do I address Midi devices connected to USB OTG (currently Midibox Seq4+, latest firmware).

I manage to send MMC message (currently MPC Live), but have not managed to receive them. Similarly, I do not manage to receive notes, and whatever I try to send to the Seq does not show up on the Midi Monitor.

In this context, I also do not really understand yet which port to set on the instrument pages to send notes over the OTG port.

After several round of trying different things/devices, searching the manual, etc I thought I post my question here.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Cheers,

Karg

15 hours ago, Karg said:

I manage to send MMC message (currently MPC Live), but have not managed to receive them. Similarly, I do not manage to receive notes, and whatever I try to send to the Seq does not show up on the Midi Monitor.

MIDI Machine Control is not supported by the SEQ, it's a sub layer of the MIDI norm which is not implemented. Of course the SEQ can receive/send SPP and Realtime messages like start stop continue, midi clock etc..
More than that I think the MPC is not a regular USB MIDI Device and if it's the case it's via an internal USB HUB that the seq does not support.

Then just use regular MIDI DIN connection between the seq and the MPC, this will work.

Edited by Antichambre
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Karg said:

Thanks. what I got is that you just used a different cable?

What worked for me was because I’m using a powered hub to power the seq I had to remove the data pins from the port that powers the seq. I’m suspecting the hub was generating some interference on these lines and corrupting the OTG input.

Hope that helps

• Like 1

5 hours ago, slo said:

What worked for me was because I’m using a powered hub to power the seq I had to remove the data pins from the port that powers the seq. I’m suspecting the hub was generating some interference on these lines and corrupting the OTG input.

Hope that helps

While I am still struggling to understand how the OTG mode really works, the issue indeed was on the MPC side (it simply cannot transmit MIDI through the USB B port).

Thanks for all replies :)