sammichSID only one SID recognized

ukk1337

Hi there,

I recently bought a used sammichSID equipped with two 8580 SIDs, MIOS 1.9g, running MIDIbox SID V2.044. The problem I'm facing is that only one SID seems to be recognized. So within the ensemble-menu I can only choose SID 1. Also I get only audio-output by one SID.

So I have the following questions:

- does the Midibox software perfom any check to determine if the SID may be broken and "disables" it in the frontend-selection?

- is there any way to perform a check or debug this issue?

- if the SID is broken: would I be able to recognize it in the menue if I would swap both SIDs against each other to check if one is broken? So that  the ensemble-screen would say *2** instead of 1***?

- software issue?

- am I completely missing something, like that the behaviour of the sammichSID differs from the "normal" MIDIbox SID?

Any help or hint would be appreciated :-)

Thanks,

Chris

sammichsid_menu.jpg

Do you hear sound from both the left and right output? If so, you definitely have 2 SIDs. Per the docs, the SIDs are grouped into stereo pairs. So the sammichSID, while it does support 2 SIDs, maps them to left and right. So it only has 1 SID group but 2 actualy SIDs. You can use the multi-engine to control the SIDs independently, however. And you can also use the stereo for some really neat effects (like setting an LFO on each of the SID's PWMs at a slightly different rate).

Have a look at ucapps.de for all the MidiBox usage documentation on how to use the multi-engine if you really want to have the SIDs work independently.

Edited by m00dawg