MBHP CORE_LPC17 programming. which is the best way, JTAG or LPC-Link? (or both?)

gwpt

Hi,

I just dug up a MBHP CORE_LPC17 which I never finished about a decade ago and thought I'd give it another go.

Reading this page: http://www.ucapps.de/index.html?page=mios.html
It states you can either set it up to use on the PCB JTAG connector (8 pin sil going down and soldered to PCB) or use the LPC-Link (8 pin sil going up, and then connector to the LPC-Link board).

What is people's experience with either method? Is there a clear winner for ease of programming/debugging?

If not... Could I do this (and have the best of both worlds?) see pic. Attach a long pinned SIL to the LPC17 and a socket to the MBHP so that the LPC connects to the PCB (and allows the use of the JTAG connector) and the LPC has a connector on top to allow the LPC-Link to be used?
Or will the soldering the connector to the PCB interfere with the LPC-Link? (I noticed some of the pins connect to other pins on the LPC).

Thanks

LPC.jpg

I also use LPC17 for programming (even today). I only use the LPC-Link debugger to flash the MIOS32 bootloader with the NXP IDE once. Then I program in a simple text editor. I just compile via 'make' and upload the hex via MIOS Studio with the bootloader onto the LPC17 - at least that's the way I'm going. If something really goes wrong in the bootloader area, you can re-flash it with NXP IDE via LPC-Link again (I never had any problems with it, except that I had to reconnect the LPC-Link debugger board for the special case).

Edited by Rio