Jump to content

Midifying a Baldwin 635 - success!


Recommended Posts

Just as the title says.  I have been working on this project since 2013, as my time, skills and finances would allow.

Things have been screwed down in place (today!) and hopefully I won't have to touch the electronics now for a long time.

Just a quick overview of what was done:  4x8 matrix on the pedalboard, 8x8 matrix for each manual, tab stops, thumb pistons and toe studs.  I added some extra buttons where the transposer used to be on a 2x8 matrix.  The indicator lamps were replaced by blue LEDS.  I used the LPC17 core with 3 DIN and 3 DOUT  boards.  Now that I have finished one organ, part of me wants to start another...

So now I have a very practical instrument, which sees daily use as my practice instrument.  Many thanks to all who created and then shared the midibox project.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...