Early success with my 6582

emerson

• Got the whole thing soldered up (sorta ignoring the advice to do one section at a time)
  • power supply option E
  • continuity-tested all the indicated places
  • made my wallwart <-> 7-pin adapter
  • powered the board
  • voltage tested all the indicated places, all golden first try.

Then as the cherry on top, stuck the opto chip and one of my sacrificial ancient PICs into it, and MIOS Studio popped right up with "Bootloader is up and running".

So yeah, feeling pretty good about my progress.  And thanks to all of you for the immense bulk of documentation and advice that got me here.

PXL_20210313_032717378.jpg

IMG_20210309_223912_01.jpg

mios_studio.png

Congrats on building the momentum and seeing positive results... It’s an inspiring project for sure. Good luck with the remainder of your build.

Looks like you have the original (Red Color) SmashTV Base PCBs? By the time I got around to doing my builds (last year) the only boards available were from Modular Addict (in signature Black).

Cheers

Edited by dwestbury
  • Like 1

On 3/14/2021 at 9:46 AM, dwestbury said:

Looks like you have the original (Red Color) SmashTV Base PCBs? By the time I got around to doing my builds (last year) the only boards available were from Modular Addict (in signature Black).

Yeah, I've been on-again-off-again on doing this for... many years.  Which is why I have a stack of the ancient 16-class PICs sitting around, I think I was first angling toward this in the SIDv1 days.  I got the boards and the parts kit from SmashTV quite a while ago and then they promptly went into a drawer and then a moving box.  Been opening a lot of boxes during the plague year, though, so it finally resurfaced.  :)