[B] any sort of SID box wanted in Canada, have own 6581x2, can't solder

Jesse Dangerously

Hi strangers. I've pulled a couple SID chips out of dumpstered C64s, and I want so badly to add them to my small synth menagerie.

I used to pine over the SIDstation, but nowadays I think a sammichSID is more my speed. Plus it can use both! Nice!

I have found the ebay listing for the un-assembled kit, but I just don't think I have it in me to build an electronics. I'm 41, I've never done it, it's probably not about to enter my skill set.

Now, I don't have my heart set on a sammich per se. I just want something I can pop these babies into, that will receive commands over 5 pin midi from my other little synthy guys.

Does anyone have anything they've built that they'd like to ship off to me?  Um, for money?

I had a couple sammichSIDs posted in the flea market for a while.

I sold one of them, and now I have the other listed here:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/133688838489

Quick Note: I removed the 8580R5 SIDS that I was originally selling this with, because I'm using them in my MB6582 now.

The instrument will sell with two SwinSIDs

Edited by dwestbury
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Jesse Dangerously said:

Thanks for showing me this! I guess I've been unrealistic about the price I was hoping to see. I have some difficult decisions ahead of me…

There are very few "kits" out there these days, because Nils & Wilba are no longer selling them.

There's one guy that occasionally has them on eBay for ~$230 USD + ~$30 shipping.

Then you need to account for the cost of SwinSIDs (the cheapest option) or another alternative, and factor in the build time (approx. 7-8 hours).

Edited by dwestbury