Only getting 5 volts from C64 Power supply

msi

I recently built the improved powersupply for the midibox sid but when I read teh voltage I am getting only 5 volts from any of the three connectors.  I've rewired it twice now so I'm pretty sure I've assembled it correctly.  I've tested it with three diffrent C64 adaptors and all have given me the same results.  Anyone have ideas why this is?

open it and measure on the inside (pry the bottom loose with a screwdriver. You should be able to measure 5v DC, after the rectifier, and before that (but after the transformer ofcourse) 9v AC (put your multimeter on AC, that might be the problem?). The 9v is only transformed to DC on the optimizer board.

I had a failing psu earlier, but it gave me nothing at all. If you get 5v, 9v must me there also, because the 5v is made from the 9v...

I'm sorry, you misunderstood me.  Not the acutall C64 powersupply, the improved schematic provided by thorsten for powering the sid moduals.  I've tried twice to assemble it and both times I've recieved the same results.  The voltage to about all connectors is appx 4.7v to 5.03v.  I am not getting the 14vdc that I should be getting.

William

hi, i had the same problem, so i modified the schematic of the power wirering a bit, and the voltages are ok now.

!!!I don't know if it works for u but you can give it a try

sidpower.gif

(!!!!this is my own solution, don't blame me if it's goes wrong)