LC and Midibox link?

Steven_C

Well the reason I asked that /\ question was because I'm running out of midi ports. So it will either be Midibox link, or connecting one of the LC's via the midibox to com method.

Anyone got any hints before I embark on this? I've read the pages on LTC, and MB to COM, and as far as I can tell, it is just a matter of removing the 6N138, and connecting a MAX232, between the PIC, and the COM port, and installing one of the serial port drivers into windows? (no real need to make the LTC PCB?)

Thorsten, let someone else answer this, this time ;)

thanks, from Steve :)

Hey Steve

as far as I can tell, it is just a matter of removing the 6N138, and connecting a MAX232, between the PIC, and the COM port, and installing one of the serial port drivers into windows? (no real need to make the LTC PCB?)

Yup, u could breadbrd the max232 chip between the pic and com port or just use a LTC and leave out the HC00's. However, I've tried the to-com option on my LC (which has 3 cores chained) and I cudnt get logic to behave proper with it :(

Best

Dan