diy audio mixer

Guest alterego

Guest alterego

do you know of any good diy-audio-mixer project on the net ?

something good quality and easy to build !

with schematics and all !

something like this project only for audio-mixer

These days, it is not so cool to build your own mixer. (too expensive, when there are such cheap commercial units) Unless you need a custom device that can't be bought.

I spent Aus$700 in the mid 90's bulding an 8 channel live sound mixer, (School project) but ran out of money at 4 channels! Now it sits in a cupboard!

If you have trouble finding circuits, and PCB layouts, I can help you out there, but the design is very old, (maybe 20 years) and with very simple features, only 2 FX sends, 3 band EQ, and not much else. No inserts or anything!

But you really start to learn how analogue audio works, especially signal flow in a mixer!

I think it would be very cool to build an automated (volume level only) mixer, using Thorstens AOUT modules, and VCA's though! Or even using the MF module, with Motorfaders that have an extra track for audio signal, but these are very expensive!

I always thought that's a hard ( too hard ) DIY project ...

About price ... commercial will be always cheaper ....

About quality ... there's a big work in the PCBs and the chip choice ..!!!

I don't want to make you abandon the project .. but it seems to be too much effort for a commercial solution that you can find anywhere ...

Theres so much different mixer out now ...

:-/

Hi,

a good mixer is not always hard & expensive to build. It depends strongly on what you want (or expect).

There are a lot of DIY resources with audio projects.

Just take a look at www.ePanorama.net, especially on the following links (mixer):

http://www.epanorama.net/links/audiocircuits.html#mixer

There you can find a lot of projects. I built a big analog  modular mixer several years ago. It was a project called "ESP Audio pages". I don't find the link now. Just surf a little in ePanorama.net .

Hope this helps

Doc

• 4 weeks later...