The sid rack come's to life

kriz

I finally finished my sid and the case for it.

It was inspired by the new nord rack from clavia. It's just a basic design with no lcd or controls. I am planning to add an external hendheld control surface with the minimal control surface (with the lcd from an old nokia phone) and some knobs later.

The case can house upto 4 sid's and i can add them when i have the time and the money.

The 1U case is just high enough the fit the big capacitor of the core, with just a couple of milimeters to spare   ;D.

Many thanx to Thorsten for this project and his help, and to everybody that helpt me constucting the case and with the problems i have had building the electronics.

front.jpg

front2.jpg

rear.jpg

rear2.jpg

inside.jpg

Congrats! I got my sid working last night.Just one core and sid, no lcd or anything yet. I'll put up some pics when i get a little farther.this one will have the two 6581's i got, the minimal control surface, plus a couple of the more important controls. later i plan to build a rack mount quad 8580 with full CS, and a second like yours just a rack( i will load patches made on the full cs).

Anyway, congrats!Looks good!

Hi,

I like your design very much Kriz, in fact I'm planning something similar.

The main difference in my concept is that I wish to implement the minimal control part into the rack case and provide a plug for the complete control surface, which I'm going to put into an old PC keyboard case.

I'm still planning and I am not sure if it's going to work but I do hope so...

But I have a question: where did you get your rack case? I searched the databases of Reichelt, Farnell and Conrad but I could'n find something as beautiful...  ;)

thanx,

SB

Hi,

But I have a question: where did you get your rack case? I searched the databases of Reichelt, Farnell and Conrad but I could'n find something as beautiful...  ;)

i got the case from a music rental company that i work for.  I don't know where to find a similar case.

greetz

kriz