Eurorack Frontpanel for LRE8x2 + PCBs to Hold Screens - incl Production Files

Phatline

@monokinetic I have ordered 5 Boards. 4 I need. 1 then left (1 board is for one LRE8x2) --- if you need more - or you are not in the EU, you know where to find the gerbers ;) and where to get the real cheap, but i suggest to wait untill i testet them.

still waiting for the PCBs (10-12 to ship...) - so 2 weeks or so there will be an update - if everything is right...

but i got the Acrylic Frontplate, and it fits for the LRE8x2... but the mounting holes for it are not necessery - because the Encoders hold the PCB :shock:

so the End version of the plate will not have this Holes.

seitlich.thumb.jpg.e9eea2725af37896e09bb78998b551a4.jpg

the Alps (SIDstyle) Buttons hold nice, and the travel for the inbuilt encoder-buttons are working - so there is no need to remove the Encoders "Noses"

I have made a huge eurorack, so no space problems there... and of course the Panel fits (i let some Air for production)

im-Rack1.thumb.jpg.4bef75c6e04c0bd4a9071c3bc2356e91.jpg

Edited by Phatline

• 2 weeks later...

yes they worked...

Display-Bar.thumb.jpg.9dc820fc83ffe70a04b9e44e18bdb58d.jpg

and it looks very nice...

MSQ-LRE-Image-Detail-7.thumb.jpg.8dfc28da16fa50fea6425d6fb873abc5.jpg

i highly recommend latigid onś Display driver: http://wiki.midibox.org/doku.php?id=display_driver

i tryed the multiplexing via J10B with a DoutX4 but i had walking lines here and there, so i took the display driver and it just works!

This is the pinout from the display driver J1-J8 to connect 4 screens aka 2 PCBs to it.

Display-Bar-Platinen.thumb.jpg.4b14c1157c7e27a43067d6fa69a85ef7.jpg

i made a video (build) - but i want to write some code first, so i have unit which i can work with it (to have a video jam for it...)

so you can order at least the PCBs - this take some time... in the meantime i change the frontpanel: i would remove the mounting holes for the LRE8x2 first...