one-peice PCB issue -->

d2k

Hi...

Just saw Mega MIDIbox (jaw on floor again) diagram and am wondering if i could put all modules on one pcb - the enclosure unit would be pretty large so i guess the wires from the AINs to some of the pots could be quite a length - is there a limit to the length of wire...

Prolly, another basic EE q - but, again, i'm new ;)

Peace...

Dan

Best experiences have been made with seperated AIN modules which are as close to the pots as possible (see also the pictures at the bottom of http://www.ucapps.de/mbhp_ain.html). All other modules can be combined to one PCB without any risk of unstable signals.

You could also try to create a AIN board which allows you to mount the pots - this saves effort, but requires some experiences in layouting a PCB.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

P.S.: I hope that somebody else can provide some good links to soldering guides...

Was thinking about a ain board like the one thorsten mentioned a while ago.... Even got to the point of laying one out....

The concept i came up with allowed all boards to be 'daisy chained' with a single idc ribben cable Might finish this off sometime soon, and post a link to the pcb files???!!