Passing thru Velocity from a Bus Control Note (oddly specific usage case ahead! )

phillwilson

Hi all , I am currently using my Midibox Seq V4 in a rather "non-traditional" way and I am wondering if a tweak / suggestion could be possible to help extend this

My Current Usage Case
I am using my Midibox as something of a "live midi data interpreter"  to take 4 statically assigned midi notes  that are generated by Acoustic Drum Triggers on my physical drumkit. these notes are then used ONLY to drive the four Midibox Busses , which in turn , then are used to step trigger along  multiple tracks of semi-random  / constrained MELODIC midi tracks ( I actually could have 8 notes, but Midibox only has 4 busses) which then spit out scaled midi notes  to my synthesisers to allow me to create melodic synth content by playing the drums.

My Problem

At the moment, my understanding of how the busses work, leads me to believe that  other than being able to say " x note on x channel is pointed at bus x  to then be used to advance the sequence on any track pointed at that bus with "S'trig " set to ON....

I am wondering if there is any midi router parameter hat I could apply that would allow the velocity data to be "live forwarded" on to the output  to be merged with the NOTE layer of any sequenced track(s) set to that bus?

Why?

If this where possible, it would mean that , whilst the receiving synths NOTE data would be derived from  the track sequence, I would also have control over using things on the end synth like velocity for both playing dynamics and for "in synth" applications like layer or sample switching ...it would be an absolute breakthrough in how dynamics could be used in this (admittedly niche) setup.

I just thought it was worth putting out there, incase this could be considered for addition?

thanks as always

Phill 

Edited by phillwilson