compiling app_skeleton

arty

Hello guys,

I am very new to this whole midibox & c thing. I followed the instructions from this guide until the SVN Repository part. Instead I used the repository from github. I set all environment variables I need and the version check works fine.

After finishing the setup part I wanted to compile a dummy project, just to see if it would compile successfully. Unfortunately I am running into an error in the common.mk file on line 143.

The error says: "D:\mios32/include/makefile/common.mk:143: *** multiple target patterns.  Stop."

I tried to look it up but i am unable to find any solution.

best regards, arty

• 1 month later...

hey, i got same problem as you, and still search for solution too

i found this old threads, say this was because "UNIX style PATH"

but after checking my MIOS32_PATH, its already same as TK show in that post

$ echo $MIOS32_PATH
/d/savePCB/2022Project/polyphonicSynthesizer/Program/Mios32/mios32

but when i run make(mingw32-make) this path change as windows path (use colon : instead of slash /), same as yours @arty

D:/savePCB/2022Project/polyphonicSynthesizer/Program/Mios32/mios32/include/makefile/common.mk:143: *** multiple target patterns.  Stop.

is this problem cause MSYS2(i use Msys2) setting? because the midibox wiki still use MSYS version 1.0(as shown in link below), and official GNU make doc says "the path need not to contain colon", but how to setting it?

missing target pattern. Stop.
multiple target patterns. Stop.
target pattern contains no `%'. Stop.
mixed implicit and static pattern rules. Stop.

These errors are generated for malformed static pattern rules (see Syntax of Static Pattern Rules). The first means the target-pattern part of the rule is empty; the second means there are multiple pattern characters (%) in the target-pattern part; the third means there are no pattern characters in the target-pattern part; and the fourth means that all three parts of the static pattern rule contain pattern characters (%)–the first part should not contain pattern characters.

If you see these errors and you aren’t trying to create a static pattern rule, check the value of any variables in your target and prerequisite lists to be sure they do not contain colons.

http://www.midibox.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=windows_mios32_toolchain_core

thanks for any help

after searching, Msys 2 will automatic convert unix/posix path style to windows (using cygpath), so if the mios32_path variable

$MIOS32_PATH = /c/to/your/mios32/base

the msys2 will auto convert to

$MIOS32_PATH = c:/to/your/mios32/base

# resulting this

c:/to/your/mios32/base/Mios32/mios32/include/makefile/common.mk:143: *** multiple target patterns.  Stop.

this auto conversion can disabled use MSYS2_ENV_CONV_EXCL=* an then call make

MSYS2_ENV_CONV_EXCL=* make

but, after the unix style path correct (use /c/... instead of c:/), make still cant read common.mk

$ MSYS2_ENV_CONV_EXCL=* make

Makefile:55: /d/savePCB/2022Project/polyphonicSynthesizer/Program/Mios32/mios32/include/makefile/common.mk: No such file or directory
mingw32-make: *** No rule to make target '/d/savePCB/2022Project/polyphonicSynthesizer/Program/Mios32/mios32/include/makefile/common.mk'.  Stop.

is this possible that problem come from make itself, cause my make version was build for windows 32

$ make --version
GNU Make 4.3
Built for Windows32
Copyright (C) 1988-2020 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.

any help really appreciated, thanks