stupid questions

piku

2) what use is the midi out connection?

3) Can i download the bankstick memory into mt computer by the midi out connection?

4) Is possible to probram the wave tables without a comuter, directly by the control panel?

If not, how can i program a "complex" wavetable texture and save it into the bankstick memory of the sid-box?

5) where can i find infos about the "midi thru" circuit (tha i would like to insert in the sid box)?

6) can each Sid chip play a different patch?

7) have i to load patches on the sids everytime i turn on the machine? or is possible to keep a cofiguration for all the sids even when the machine is turned off?

8) is possible to load a patch while playng? On the sidstation is possible...

9) where exactly is located the "brain" of the 4chip-sid-box? in the PIC of the master core? Every pic of every core is programmed in the same way?

First of all, there are no stupid questions - only answers !

Answering  Your Question:

Your almost right.

But you have to build

- 2 and 1/4 DINX4 (let's say 2, because the 1/4 DIN is better wired sepaeratly on a vector board)

- 2 DOUT

The rest is ok.

The LTC is "nice to have" but not neccessary (only if you need serial communication, it is a must)

Hope this helps

DOC

i think that a "stupid" answer is better than philosofy in this case...   8)

* another answer: if i mount a 2 x 40 lcd on my quad-sid-box, there will be problems of firmware compatibility?

* how a firmware is "written" on the pic? What kind of cable i have to use? how can i connect it with the computer?

After the bootloader is burned on the pic, you can load mios and your apps over midi. to burn the bootloader you need the JDM, or some one else to burn it for you.If you order the kit from smashtv you can get the pic with the bootloader burned already, or you can send him your pics and he will burn them for free.This may be preffered, as many people have problems with the jdm not working on their systems(including me).

as for the 2x40, see your other post for my answer.