Take a look at these babies

Guest brad_uk

Guest brad_uk

I stumbled across these the other day in england, and found out about a supplier that is in japan that provides them a lot cheaper!

But I have to buy in bulk, after a sweet talking session (over email) i managed to blag the guy into agreeing to ship a "sample" order to my r+d department of 500 pieces. so let me know if anyone wants some.

heres a rough spec, datasheet not with me just yet.

http://www.geocities.com/bradnrg/dev7.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/bradnrg/img37.jpg

20 detent compact rotary encoder

Industry standard 4mm shaft

Integral 31 point LED level indicator plus 3 other functions

Tri-colour LED illumination

Very compact: 7.7 x 9.35 x 5.75

Unique Digital Rotary Encoder

digital rotary encoder with a built-in 31-segment LED dial for "level" indication. This unique rotary encoder offers a choice of red, green or amber colours for each segment, so that the dial can for example indicate "safe", "warning" and "danger", according to colour.

The colour of each segment can be set electronically, and different functions can be set up, such as balance, level or status.

The encoder is a 20-detent position device, within a compact 7.7x9.35x5.75mm deep casing. It will be suited to densely-packed audio and broadcast applications.

It has an industry-standard 4mm diameter shaft - so that there is a wide selection of knobs available, in a variety of shapes, colours and sizes.

The maximum consumption is just 50mW and the peak forward current is 50mA. The operating temperature is -30°C to +70°C.

Hi Brad,

I assume you are talking about the ones shown here:

www.devlin.co.uk/main.html or www.devlin.co.uk/users/devnews.html#prod8

It´s a company in UK, so it should be easy for you to find out the pricing and availability.

One problem (if not the prize...) might be that they are detented, so they won´t make use of the high resolution provided by MIOS, but maybe it´s possible to remove it.

Axel

Guest brad_uk

devlin are XTREMLY expensive!

I found the manufacturer of them :) and they are not english made at all!

Im sick of living in a country where everything is so expensive!

perhaps i should move abroard for a month or two just to build a midibox! :)

ello brad,

blimey those look wicked man! And you reackon you can get some cheap huh?? very interesting mate! :)

I can sympathise about that overpriced island, was born n bred there but moved to Czech Republik 2 years ago. Do you think we could arrange some kind of transprt over here (for loads a money obviously!!)...

let me know and we can discuss off list if you prefer!

speak soon

Dave mK

Guest brad_uk

i am dude!

I have sent a lot of correspondance for these things, and I currently have about 6-7 possible encoder manufacturers all fighting to sell and even design them from the ground up for me!

As soon as I can collate all the data i will post it here for us to make a decision!

me

• 2 weeks later...