MIDIBoxNG

Guest JimCook

I've shifted the project by at least one year due to other priorities (e.g. MIDIbox SEQ). However, if you only want to mix rotary encoders with pots or motorfaders, MB64E is currently a good choice

Best Regards, Thorsten.

I've shifted the project by at least one year due to other priorities (e.g. MIDIbox SEQ). However, if you only want to mix rotary encoders with pots or motorfaders, MB64E is currently a good choice

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hi Thorsten,

I probably should have researched this more before I started building everything, but just to confirm...

I'm building a midibox with pots, buttons, leds, an lcd and I want to use 2 rotary encoders for jog wheels.

So far I've built the core module (PIC18F452), 2 x AIN4 modules, 2 x DOUT4 modules, LCD module and a minimal LTC module. I'm working now on the DIN4 modules for buttons/encoders.

What is *currently* the best software to use to make this setup - or is something like this not supported yet?

Cheers.

Hi Thorsten,

I probably should have researched this more before I started building everything, but just to confirm...

I'm building a midibox with pots, buttons, leds, an lcd and I want to use 2 rotary encoders for jog wheels.

So far I've built the core module (PIC18F452), 2 x AIN4 modules, 2 x DOUT4 modules, LCD module and a minimal LTC module. I'm working now on the DIN4 modules for buttons/encoders.

What is *currently* the best software to use to make this setup - or is something like this not supported yet?

Cheers.

Hi Meeshka,

for such a configuration the MB64E application is also a good choice, even though a small number of rotary encoders is used.

Just connect the components like for a MIDIbox64, and add the encoders somewhere in the DIN chain. Thereafter define the used pins for the encoders in "setup_midibox64.asm" (part of the MB64E package), rebuild the application, upload the new setup_midibox64.syx file and enjoy :)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hi Meeshka,

for such a configuration the MB64E application is also a good choice, even though a small number of rotary encoders is used.

Just connect the components like for a MIDIbox64, and add the encoders somewhere in the DIN chain. Thereafter define the used pins for the encoders in "setup_midibox64.asm" (part of the MB64E package), rebuild the application, upload the new setup_midibox64.syx file and enjoy :)

Best Regards, Thorsten.