Seq V2 question

sil909

Hello alll, currently building the MBseq v2 ( TK's design).  I have a question regarding the pattern handling.  

I understand you can edit 1 pattern live ( 4 tracks ) while the other 3 play.  

Now is it possible to change which of the patterns you are editing on the fly?

For example

pattern 1 is playing 4 tracks they are in the editing buffer.  Pattern 2 and 3 are playing 4 tracks in the back ground.  Now lets say i have made a change to pattern 1 and now want to change pattern 1 to play in back ground and send pattern 2 to the edit buffer or to the "front panel".  

Can this be accomplished without stopping the sequencer? and if so, is this currently implemented int eh code?

Hi,

please read the "planned features" list at the MIDIbox64 V2 page:

possibility to edit track 5-16 w/o rearranging the patterns (problem: should modifications of the current pattern be saved or discarded - solution: a message should pop up which asks for this)

so, it will be a lot of effort to implement this feature, but I've planned to do this sooner or later.

However, in general you never need to stop the sequencer, you can always change any parameter, patch or whatever during the sequencer is running... the planned change will optimize the handling...

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Wow TK..

This little slice of web heaven has been a godsend.   This feature will quadruple the usefullness of this partricular midi project.  OMG  back to soldering..!! :)

BTW this community has already changed my working and creative process in regards to live composition..

Thanks again everyone.