Building MIOS32 Core Engine Independent of Target/IDE/Toolchain

marcos_ee

Hello everyone,

A quick introduction before I get down to the subject. Just like many others here, I have background in all of embedded, music, and Midi. I know questions are not always welcome, especially when project is covered with a great deal of documentation, thanks a million to Thorsten on his great contribution and support for MIOS32. However, there are sometimes when you get stuck and you need some help to proceed.

Before I post here, I would like to assure you that I did my homework, studying the sources for almost a week and reading most documentation, wikis, and tutorials available inside the MIOS32 package.

Well, I'm trying to build the core modules of MIOS32 so I can derive a stripped-down version for my own purposes. Say a simple Midi file player, sequencer, pattern player, etc.. Of course, I'm targeting STM32, regardless of series.

So far, I've done a lot of work porting some modules to the new Cube/HAL libs instead of the outdated StdLib. I still have a lot of work to get a working project, but I thought it won't hurt to ask, get some advice/guidance so I know if there's any better/alternative path to what I'm trying to achieve.

Marcos