SEQ question

Milkmansound

You can do step recording like in other sequencers. That´s not like playing it in there, but it´s very handy.

There is no quantizing in this *step*-seq. It´s not for recording stuff, it´s for playing it. The editing is very good, especially with those encoders. Notes / gatelengths / velocities are changed/created very fast.

Greetz

Got it - so it is kind of like recording into my oberheim DX with the step function, not using the pads with a click.

What about the memory - how much can you cram into a bankstick? Also, can you load a standard Midi File into it?

Thanks - Tim

(btw - the morphing thing looks really cool)

No you cannot load a standard midi file. It is a pattern sequencer.

From uCApps:

Banksticks

o MIDIbox SEQ stores only a single pattern when no BankStick is connected!

o With a 32k BankStick (24LC256) you are able to store 128 patterns

o An additional BankStick (24LC256) is required to store 16 songs

o Optionally you can use a 64k BankStick (24LC512) to store 128 patterns and 16 songs in a single EEPROM. This is the solution which I'm using for my own MIDIbox.

o Multiple BankSticks for more than 128 patterns and 16 songs are not supported yet, but planned.

o Keep in mind that every song consists of 128 positions, which can be looped up to 16 times. By setting jump points you are able to split a single song into multiple parts!

http://www.ucapps.de/midibox_seq_options.html

Justin