MIOS application uploader?

uclaros

Well, I came up today with the idea that in some case I might want to change the MIOS application I have loaded on the 18f without having a PC nearby!

Does anybody else find usefull a device that could hold on it's memory some MIOS applications being able to send them as sysex dumps on the press of a button??

Something like a sysex reciever-memory-transmitter!

PS:

(this is not a "think about it and implement it dear T.K." kind of post!)

The Alesis DataDisk or Peavey MIDI Streamer are (were!) rackmount boxes that do nothing but handle MIDI data and sysex.

If memory serves both have a floppy drive built in, but one uses 720k disks (hard to find these days).

I don't know what more modern devices are out there to do this, but both of these units show up frequently on ebay cheap.

If anyone knows of other commercial boxes with similar function, speak up!     ;)

Have Fun!

Smash

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nomadicWhale

Hi all,

Why not use a pocket pc or a palm pilot!!!

If you have a pocket pc or a palm pilot it could be fairly easy to use it as a midi generator using a serial (com) cable.

I'm investigating this thing right now. I hope I can figure out how to send midi events through from my ipaq to the core. if this will be possible one will be able to use the hand held as another controller, as an additional fader or what ever.

From a technical point of view, there is a problem with the baud rate (midi vs. com) but I guess it is possible to resolve this.

I hope I'll have some good news soon.

nW

From a technical point of view, there is a problem with the baud rate (midi vs. com) but I guess it is possible to resolve this.

... not really a problem if the MB is connected via the LTC Module, or ?

Doc

Guest nomadicWhale

I think mios can be configured to work in either com or midi baud rate. So, assuming that you want to connect mios to a standard midi device you will have to use midi baud rate. No way to use the LTC as is.

The good news is that, at least in my ipaq, the baud rate can be configured.

I'm still exprloring.

nW

• 5 months later...