MBoxSEQ clock and MTC digits?

chriss

Hi,

i searched the forum but couldn´t find the thread where this was discussed.

Since i am in my MBoxSEQ planning phase (at the moment i use my SID CS for checking out this beautifully SEQ), i was thinking about adding led digits mostly because i like them.

1. Is it possible to add led digits to the SEQ firmware or does this require an other core in LINK mode?

2. I checked out the testapps. for clk and MTC, but couldn´t figure out whitch would be the best. And i was thinking that the BPM could be displayed as well.

I know that the feature list is very long, i just want to know if this makes sense and if it´s possible for me (i am not a programmer). And because i needed more than one year for my SID, there is no hurry at all.

Sorry if this thread comes up again but i couldn´t find anything.

thanks a lot.

chriss

I would recommend the MB Midimonitor. This would be the easiest solution. Just build up the Midimon on a core and a DOUT, putting it into a daisy chain with the Midi Out of your Seq, and you have a MTC display.

Greetz

Yes, with the MIDImon it should work anyhow, but please note that the MIDIbox SEQ doesn't work with MTC, but with the common MIDI clock, and nothing is better than to derive the informations directly from the internal parameters, no? ;-)

So, an additional LED digit display for the song position is possible in this format:

SSS.PP

where SSS stands for the song position (1-256) and PP for the position of the current selected track (note that each track has it's own position counter). Alternatively you could use a single digit for quarter-note.

BPM: 3 additional digits, but definitely only possible for master mode. For slave mode you would have to use the midimon (which derives the BPM from the received clock ticks - integration into MIDIbox SEQ is not possible)

I've added these functions to the ToDo list - low priority, because from my impression it's not really useful, but just only a cosmetic feature.

Best Regards, Thorsten.