Coil Winder - MIOS Tesla-Coil winding machine

Phatline

its not in the code yet, since tesla coil needs only one layer. but to add a new mode is not difficult... just toggle the direction pin when a ammount off turns are arrived - i can add this... tell me when and if you begin to.build a winder - or do i missunderstand and you just need some coils to be windet?

Edited by Phatline

Great work @Phatline

@Zam multilayer is challenging, getting the winds tight, the right tension, as the way to get the coils to glue together, will take some time.

At my job a college build a coil machine around an arduino with GRBL and faced quite this challenges. but by no means you should not go for it!

Check this project https://projecthub.arduino.cc/ghemml/65237865-6eff-4ba4-96a6-3d569a298bb1?ref=user&ref_id=2165695&offset=0

which tries to copy this commercial one http://www.ukcnc.net/index.php/products/200mm-coil-winder/

6 hours ago, Zam said:

I'll be in the need within 6/12 month I'll say.

Don't know yet if I'll use subcontractor, or if I buy or build a winding machine.

by RM you meen a Ringmodulator-coil? if you can provide some specifications, i can make special Program for Ringmodulator Coils (these have a center tip on the secondary? and no center tip on the Primary?

what comes in my mind:

what kind off Iron-Core?, many off windings, 1:1 or is this a 1:2 because off center-tip?, wire-diameter,

a Center-Break in the Program? maybe this could be managed too moove the Feeder with max speed to get something like this:

START winding |.......|.......|.......|.......|.......|.......|.......|

First Layer: >|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Next Layer:<|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Next Layer:>|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Last Layer:<|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

CENTER winding< |.......|.......|.......|.......|.......|.......|.......|

Next Layer:<|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Last Layer:<|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

END winding< |.......|.......|.......|.......|.......|.......|.......|

at the end it will look like this:

|.......|.......|.......|.......|.......|.......|.......| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

then Paint the Coil and dry it out - except off the " |.......|.......|.......|.......|.......|.......|.......| " Part

which  can be unwindet by hand, so you have then there 3 Wires to solder to the PCB... without breaking the Program - and fiddle arround at all... (aka no tension problems...)

@benuron > the V-groove Rolls-Array make enough tension > at least for Tesla, or low-ampere Audio-Coil-Stuff (aka small Diameter CopperWire).

But i have some thougts about the Point were it Toggle the direction this is may be a critical point indeed...