Syncable LFO-extension?

TraiZor

I don't know an alternative (and already available) oscillator which comes with a sync input, but maybe you will find something similar with http://www.google.com ; my indention was just only to demonstrate how to adapt CV outputs to the analog inputs of a MIDIbox...

There was also a question in the old forum regarding the frequencies which can be achieved: with the appr. Cap/Resistor combinations the ICL8038 can oscillate with up to 300 kHz, but since the waveform values have to be send over the MIDI line, the maximum MIDI transfer speed limits the maximum frequency.

A MIDI value requires appr. 1 ms, that means: a sine waveform with 100 Hz will get just only ca. 10 samples (audible result: an automatic sample & hold effect ;-)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

I looked at the max038 and looks like a nice oscillator for me, but it also doesn't have a sync input. It does have sync out, but that's useless, isn't it?

I'll google to some oscillator sites to find what i'm looking for, but it's hard to get something you want with limited knowledge.

Thorsten ,

Look at the MAX038.PDF ( http://pdfserv.maxim-ic.com/arpdf/MAX038.pdf ) ... Fig. 3 ...page 12 and 13 ... pin 13 = PDI ...

It's a phase detector input ...

You don't think we can sync with that pin ???

I thought .... But i can be wrong ...

I'm gonna try to Sync with ext. reference next week ...

but i think it will work !

Best regards,

Gilles

• 2 weeks later...