? about the Fortron switching PSU, PDF typo? (LC)

fallout

I'm looking at the PDF hookup diagram for the Fortran switching PSU for the Midibox LC. It is showing the PSU connected to J2. Is this correct? According to the Core module information page, J2 is the +5v output. I'm assuming J1 should infact be connected to J1 (PSU Input), am I correct? Thanks!

-Jay

Thanks for the welcome... Yeah, I've read the PDF about 10 times :) I was just curious why it's connected to the output pins. So I guess for the LC16 I plan on building, I'd just tap off of the PSU instead of using J2 to power the 2nd Core module for the XT unit. Thanks for your help!

-Jay

I was just curious why it's connected to the output pins.

..Remember to put that 1000uF cap there.. and wire link between IC3 pins 1-3...(For the casual builder: J2 is 5v output, if you use a regulator on core board or input if you already have a good regulated 5v power supply. (Check the schematics against the board layout, and you will see: X1 (a Full wave rectifier), C5 (Power bypass cap), C6 (another Power bypass cap), IC3 (Voltage regulator) build a +5v regulated power supply - connected to J2))

So I guess for the LC16 I plan on building, I'd just tap off of the PSU instead of using J2 to power the 2nd Core module for the XT unit.

That's ok :)

Bye, Moebius

[Off, for a week or two.. "Thanks God" I hear you say]