MIDIBox64 / LC question

Screaming_Rabbit

I'm using Sequoia as my host application and want to build a 24 fader MIDIBox (don't worry I'll start small and will build myself first a test setup which I can use later for checking applications for the controller of my dreams).

Now the LC protocol doesn't support all the features I want.

If I build 3 MIDIBox64 cores and assign the MIDI parameters from hand in my host software, ist it possible to implement a bank switching like on the LC for jumping to the next 24 tracks/channels of the host?

If this is not possible, could I use a bankstick and store the "packages" for 24 faders on it and instead of switching the bank, I just load a new setup from the bankstick? If this would be possible: How long does loading a setup take about?

Thanks for help and greetings

Roger

Hi there!

To bring it down: Yeah, is possible.

There are Meta-Events with which you can change the bank. So just put in 2 extra buttons and always assign the Bankswitching Meta Event to them. This way you have I think 16 banks for your purposes.

I´m just not quite sure if you can remote access this Meta Event, but I do think so. So you can switch it from your host app.

The loading of the new bank does not take to long, I would say like maximum a second or so. (really never timed it exactly).

Check the Midibox Programming application for download @ UCApps.de. You can run it "dry" (meaning without a midibox) and get a blink of what you´re capable to do.

Greetz!