MIDIBox 64 resolution?

Guest mixedsignalz

Guest mixedsignalz

I have been pouring over the vast ammount of information on this site for a number of months.  I have learned a great deal and have decided to embark on my first project.  However, I cannot seem to find a definative answer to the question of analog input resolution.

What is the resoulution for the analog inputs on the MIDIBox 64?

I have read only one reference to this somewhere in the forum posts stating a maximum of 10 bit resolution.  Since there are MIOS configurations for the emulation of Mackie/Logic control (which has 1024 step faders), I can only assume that 10 bit resoultion is possible.

My project consists of 56 rotary potentiometers and 8 linear faders. How many, if any, of these controllers can be configured at 10 bit (1024 step) resolution?  7 bit (128 step) resoultion will NOT be enough for my purposes (at least on faders).

Thanks to anyone who can help me out!

Guest mixedsignalz

Thanks for the replies.

So is the 10 bit resolution available on the AIN Module or only the MF Module?  Will I need to use a MF Module even if I don't need motorized faders, if I want them 10bit?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest epochsounds

If you plan on going into a computer a great program called Plogue Bidule has an adjustable MIDI CC smoothing function which adds a little latency but really helps out the smoothness of 7bit CC parameter changes.