fader sometimes dosen't move on LC

Steven_C

Just wondering if this is a common problem... upon switching banks of faders, sometimes a random fader will not move to the appropriate position, but the others will.

MIOS 1.7

MBLC 1.4

1.6A 12V PSU... maybe not enough current for (2x) 40x2 LED backlit displays, and 8 panasonic MF's? Could that be the problem? (though the problem happens even when only 3 faders are moving at once)

BTW, I've tried Soundblaster Vibra 128 midiport, as well as midisport 2x2 (yeah I know the midisport is not good)

Anyway, at least with touch mode 2 the faders won't send any dodgy data while they are in the wrong spot!

...Thanks, from Steve

Hi Steve,

i also had this on my LC´s.

It´s a lot better since i build a well stabilized PSU with 5 A for my 24-channel box. Other than that i tweaked the calibration and voltage settings settings (need some patience for that...).

The failures are now down to maybe one out of 50 bank changes, still i´m a bit worried because it´s very irritating if a fader fails in a complex mix..., so if you come to a better solution, please tell me...

Axel

Hi,

I remember that this problem can happen if the MF driver "assumes" that the fader has been moved manually - it's always difficult to find this out via software. I fixed this problem in MIDIbox MF with the "MIOS_MF_TouchDetectionReset" function.

Unfortunately I haven't included this function into the MIDIbox LC application yet.

So, could you please try out the following: open "lc_mf.inc", search for "LC_MF_FaderMove" and include the reset at the beginning of this function:

LC_MF_FaderMove
        ;; save fader number in LC_FADER_NUMBER
        andlw   0x07
        movwf   LC_FADER_NUMBER

#if TOUCH_SENSOR_MODE == 2
        call    MIOS_MF_TouchDetectionReset
#endif

;; ... rest of the code

does it help?

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hi there, Thorsten,

Thanks for the response.

I added the code, but I get this

Error[113]   C:\PROGRAM FILES\MPLAB IDE\WORKING FILES\MIDIBOX_LC_V1_4\LC_MF.INC 118 : Symbol not previously defined (MIOS_MF_TouchDetectionReset)

???

BTW, I am using touch mode 2 already... not sure if that makes a difference... ?

Hi Steve,

the same for me, but works after adding MIOS_MF_TouchDetectionReset to mios_vectors.inc. I just replaced the first "reserved" line.

After a short test this morning it seems to work perfectly (although i didn´t use Touchmode 2 before). One thing i noticed was that more then three faders won´t let them be moved at the same time, but i think i can live with this...

I will do a test with all three LCs this evening.

Many thanks to Thorsten,

Axel

YEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Very Happy Steve!!!

Many Thanks, Thorsten, thanks Axel too!

...I can move 5 faders at a time... (ran out of fingers... I have pushbuttons for psuedo touch sensors...) Maybe I misunderstood

One thing i noticed was that more then three faders won´t let them be moved at the same time

or are you talking about overwriting automation?