$1 Bourns encoders @ the MIDIbox Store

smashtv

Hello all!

I have added encoders to the lineup at the MIDIbox store, they are very high quality, made by Bourns.  6mm shaft, nut/washer included, typical specs for MIDIbox use (24 detent, 24 ppr)

The same encoder but with an integrated switch can be special ordered from me also.

Hopefully this will end the eternal quest for cheap encoders.  ;)

Also I have removed the handling fee for orders over $100.  The usual $3 handling fee is still there for smaller orders, and I really hate to charge it, but that's the average that paypal charges me to process the money.  It's more accurate/costs you less to cover the $3 this way than raising prices on everything to compensate.

Shipping is (as always) actual cost.  I'm still looking for cheaper (but still reliable) global shipping methods, so let know if you have a better way!

For those just joining us my MIDIbox Store is here.

There is also some good hardware info there on my site, with 3D build maps, etc.  I do my best to support what I sell.

Thanks so much to all my customers!

SmashTV

Hi SmashTV!

Are this PEC11 Encoder with metal shaft?

How much cost the one with integrated switch?

(I need 50 pieces!)

Jack

Hi Jack!

Yes these are the PEC11 series, metal shaft, etc.

I'm going to disect a few soon to see how well detent removal surgery will work.  ;)

The ones with switch are PEC11-4225F-S0024, the only differences between these and the ones I stock are the switch and a 25mm long shaft instead of 20mm.

I can go $1 each on these also with a 50 quantity order.

Best!

SmashTV

1$ is one Dollar - is it - anybody knows how to translate it in Euro 1$ = xx€ or cents

"The ones with switch are PEC11-4225F-S0024, the only differences between these and the ones I stock are the switch and a 25mm long shaft instead of 20mm."

That means 1$ for this babys - it is?

Im very interestet

I use http://www.xe.com/ucc/ for USD to EURO conversions.  

$1usd each for the non-switch encoders on my site, right now, shipped from stock.  This offer wont change.

$1usd each for the switched version, but that is treated as a special order, and requires that you order a minimum of 50 from me.  On Wednesday the special orders of switched encoders will end, and they will be added to my store inventory.  Then they (the switched ones) will cost $1.25 from me in any quantity.  The non-switched ones will be $1 as usual for as long as the price I pay holds (hopefully forever).

The special order thing with the switched ones is an attempt to pass the good deal I'm getting on to my customers, without creating any inventory related overhead/cost for me so the price stays low and everybody wins.  ;D

Best!

SmashTV

Smash TV ---AHHHHHHHHHHHHH JEAH

GOOD DEAL

OK I go with 100 Peaces - the switched one

for 1 Doller-

in no time anyone will find cheaper things in the web - switzched ones ar not so popular

IM LUCKY

I am from Austria (Europe Union) whats the cost for shipping

Now another Qestion how to give you money-bank transfer-credit card or what

Please if you have questions about this offer email me or send a private message, I don't like to do business on the forum.  

Not good for the signal to noise ratio.   ;)

If you are simply curious about total cost, use my order form to calculate exact cost, using the non-switched encoders as reference (the weight and price are the same).  Then just email me to order, I'll generate a custom invoice via PayPal.

Best!

Smash

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Smash, have you thought of also carrying regular pots? I would love to be able to just order everything from one place, and I get horribly confused by the eleventy-billion options on digikey and mouser! I'm sure you'd get a lot of orders if the price was decent. = )

Thanks

Iain

Hey Smash, have you thought of also carrying regular pots? I would love to be able to just order everything from one place, and I get horribly confused by the eleventy-billion options on digikey and mouser! I'm sure you'd get a lot of orders if the price was decent. = )

Thanks

Iain

Yes, I have, but those eleventy-billion options are still staring me in the face too.   :)

With the huge amount of variations in what people use, I need to zero in on the features that everyone wants.  

So I ask the question:

If I were to carry only one pot in the store, which one should it be?

Once I know that I can move on to finding the best quality at the lowest price, or having a run of pots made to spec.

Totally open to suggestions here.   ;)

Best!

Smash

Hey Smash, that's awesome that you're thinking of it. As someone who had done NO electronics before getting into hardware controllers, I can say that for me the biggest obstacle is not knowing which parts to get and where to get them. Maybe a good plan would be to carry two models, one good enough, and one high end?

I think it would also be really cool if one could get *everything* needed to get going, from your site. ( ie power supplies and midi connectors too. ) Everyone has different priorities for the DIY aspect. I like writing assembly, but I hate looking for parts!

Smash, how soon do you think you might do this? I have a number of people who could probably commit to fairly sizable orders if that would help you get over a price point hump. I imagine I could muster up an order of a couple of hundred cheap pots.

Thanks,

iain