Big lcd

Nikolai

Under the MB hardware Platform/LCD module you should find some info regarding compatible LCD's for the projects, I myself have been wanting to use some huge LCDs, but the controllers need to have drivers written, or the access time is too slow for any realtime usage. Basically if it uses one of the compatible controllers such as the hd### listed on the lcd modules page, you should be able to use it.

I haven't seen any 50+ characters, however you can use multiple LCD's like (2) 2x40 etc....

Hope this helps some.

A friend of mine is in negotiations with a Taiwanese company. He's trying to get a decent price on 2x80 lcds, I think with two inputs (?) They have to be custom made, so the end price is anybodys guess, really.

Anyway, if that goes through, you can expect a bit of a group-buy thing going on. One 80x2 character display would be so much cooler than 2x40x2.

Hi

I can tell you for a fact a HD44780 based 40 x 4 LCD just has an extra enable line, still 8 data lines etc (My 40 x 4 LCD's have 2 HD44780 controllers, the first for the top two lines and the second for the bottom two lines). I've got a couple of 40 x 4 LCD's which I will use one of in my next MB i'm building at the moment.

Regards

Rowan

80x 2 would be great.

the problem with using two 40's is that they have to be pretty spaced, witch means you have groups of 4 faders (cause 8 is hard to fit, on a 40) and the pysical size of the box will grow.

I would like to find away to do this so that my 16 track controller is smaler, then my 24 track soundcraft, heh :)

80x20 lines would be perfect for so many applications imho, that I fail to see why its no standard. However, I have just recently examined the possibility of having them custon made.

It turns out that you need to order at last 1000, and the tooling setup price would be ~ 10000us$ depending on exact requirements.

Søren K

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 years later...
  • 1 month later...
M-Audio uses the same type of display with 2x55 characters. I got a quote for the display as a spare part for $60 +  $15 (handling) + $x for shipping  from  http://www.testtech.com/spareparts/. I had to call to get a price. I still balk at spending $80+ for the display. A cheap 10" tablet—even used first generation iPads go for less than $200, no-name Android are around $100—actually look quite attractive as an add-on display for a Behringer BCF2000 or a Midibox LC.