PIC16F877 and JDM Programmer: Programming Failure

Guest sstandfast

• 1 year later...

Hello there,

I am a student wanted to program PIC microcontroller with JDM programmer and alos ICPROG.

I have been program several kind of PIC (i.e:PIC16F877, PIC16F877A, PIC18F458, PIC18LF452, PIC18F252..... and alot more) with a desktop PC running windows ME.

However I failed to program those device using a laptop running win XP. I have try the extra power supply suggested by Thorsten Klose, but it do not make any different. CAn any one help me? Thank you.

I have been trying alot of suggestions (i.e: configuration by Rowan.... )

Thanks

Best regards,

Ober

So here we are...

in my last posts, i gave all the results of the Thorsten's tests to the letter, and tried it again with no luck.

I would request some step by step help if someone is available  ::).

well, on a first start here's the config i have :

• PC running Win98SE
  • Grounded to earth
  • COM2 is used (COM1 goes to my chameleon rack, wich is powered off)
  • JDM programmer with soldering verified multiple times by me  :P
  • Ic-prog v1.05a

:-[

waiting for that i'll continue with pots soldering.

thanks for your help

RAF

Hello there,

I am a student wanted to program PIC microcontroller with JDM programmer and alos ICPROG.

I have been program several kind of PIC (i.e:PIC16F877, PIC16F877A, PIC18F458, PIC18LF452, PIC18F252..... and alot more) with a desktop PC running windows ME.

However I failed to program those device using a laptop running win XP. I have try the extra power supply suggested by Thorsten Klose, but it do not make any different. CAn any one help me? Thank you.

I have been trying alot of suggestions (i.e: configuration by Rowan.... )

Thanks

Best regards,

Ober

So here we are...

in my last posts, i gave all the results of the Thorsten's tests to the letter, and tried it again with no luck.

I would request some step by step help if someone is available  ::).

well, on a first start here's the config i have :

• PC running Win98SE
  • Grounded to earth
  • COM2 is used (COM1 goes to my chameleon rack, wich is powered off)
  • JDM programmer with soldering verified multiple times by me  :P
  • Ic-prog v1.05a

:-[

waiting for that i'll continue with pots soldering.

thanks for your help

RAF

• 1 year later...

For anyone using the JDM still, I have the following advice as I have had a lot of problems with it. I followed all the instructions I could find about the HW/SW configuration. From what I can see you do not need PortIO or any extra software. One thing to look out for in xp is that you can have a serial port IRQ conflict without winddows telling you anything about it. On my system I had to look into the control panel and in the hardware section go to resources under the com port you are using, there may be a red circle around one of the settings, if so this is your problem. In my case I solved it by disabling com3 so com1 could have the irq which was in conflict.

This wont help everyone, but it does confirm that the JDM works under windows XP when you follow the instructions on the MBHP site and have your hardware setup correctly, there is no magic to it, just checking every possible problem along the way.

John