Uploading MBSID preset patches

Jurbo

While waiting for my friend to help me with the casing of my MBSID, I'd like to know how to upload the preset patches.

So far I have managed to start the JSynthLib program, and my configuration should be ok (???). Synth list shows generic device (put it to channel 5) and MBSID (channel 1).

I open the library, and I can go to the Bank Screen with all the patch names showing. But, when I send the bank to my MBSID, the lcd just goes through the patch numbers 1 to 128 but the patches remain empty.

When in the Bank Screen, the play command gives me a bleep from the SID, but always with the default sound, even if I have asked the program to send a different patch to the MBSID.

Maybe I'm missing something here, I'm pretty confused by this. The bankstick should be ok, I get a rising sound on startup and I remember the machine doing a formatting sequence to the bankstick when I first started it up.

More info: When the program sends patches, the MS-DOS window shows patch numbers etc. Some of the patches it says are Midibox SID, some Generic. Is there a problem with my JSynthLib config?

I have two banksticks wired (I should have room for 2 x 128 sound patches), how do I change between them? Could this be the problem (uploads going to the wrong bank, maybe)?

Hopefully you guys can help me! Thanks!

Twin-X, do you have 2 banksticks, too? I'm really wondering how to change banks and if I'm kind of in the wrong bank when the patches are in the other... Confusing...

My soundcard is SB Audigy Platinum, I use the MIDI ports (MIDI Port II) on the connections panel on front of my computer. All other uploads have had no problems.

Please, someone help us!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I FINALLY managed to upload the preset patches!

Here's how I did it:

Since JSynthLib doesn't work on my system, I only used it to manually extract each patch of the bank into a sysex file. Then I used Serge's SysExBox to manually upload each path into the MBSID.

So, 76 times extract, 76 times upload. Took an hour and a half but couldn't do it any other way...

And it's nice to know, that my MBSID succesfully uses at least one bankstick.  ;D

you should be able to use jSynthLib, open up the example presets, the display should then show the presets as a single entry for synth MIDIBOX SID, type Bank, double clicking on this or right click->send , this then sends the presets to your stick, and yes you will see activity in the dos window you used to launch jSynthLib