midibox fm chip bulk order 1 now finished

airmailed

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes indeed roger... (and yes i'll make sure the final price is researched fully before we go ahead)

34 it is..  anyone else?

i've been plotting to put lots of analog filters in my midibox fm.. maybe 4 different ones.. with bypass switches and input sockets so that external signals can be run through them as well..

also thinking about delay based on the princeton 2399 chip but that might be getting too ambitious.. it accepts cv input so might be fun

i've been playing with the software version of the nord g2 (free from the clavia website) which allows delay times and feedback to be modulated via the lfo's etc.. makes for some very strange sounds

best wishes

adam

• 2 weeks later...

thanks everyone.. we definitely have enough people now..

yes d2k... yacs on their own is ok too..  i'll put you down for one.. i don't have the enthusiasm for transatlantic phone calls right at this moment which means there is still a chance if anyone else wants to take part.. i'll phone the company tomorrow and find out the nature of the shipping costs and federal expresses science fiction style duty charge (if there is one..) i should be in a position to frighten you all to death with the costs within the next couple of days.. ;-)

bye for now

all the best

adam

hi,

i'm interested i 2 sets as well!

I'm living in germany.

but i've got no paypal...

is it possible to join somebody elses order from germany, so he can paypal the money and i'll make a bank transfer to this friendly persons account? ;)

so long,

julian

hey julian (and others).

It's possible you use paypal with bank-transfers.

Info on paypal site;

Non-U.S. Members. Users in Germany, Norway, the Netherlands, Sweden, and Switzerland may add funds to their PayPal account by initiating a bank transfer from their banking institution to their PayPal account. Such funds will be posted to the user's PayPal account and converted to the user's primary balance at the time the payment is successfully received by PayPal.

cheers, marce;l

hi everyone...

i have the quote for delivery, i now need to calculate the costs of postage etc. and chase fedex about if they have any exotic hidden fees they wish to land us with once the parcel reaches the uk..

once i have all the info i will pm everyone about how much to pay etc.

the order is still open is anyone else wants to join, i will post on the forum (and probably modify the first post) once the order is closed.

i'm thinking to send the bigger amounts (3 and 4 sets) in the bug trays the chips come in, for the smaller amounts i am thinking to pack the chips carefully in antistatic bags then put that package inside a 35mm film container.. can anyone see any problems with doing that?

best wishes

adam

Adam,

go for cutting the plastic tubes and just close the ends with tape. This is by far the safest way to avoid bended leads. I'm working in the semiconductor business and know some of these nice packaging pitfalls for SMD devices...  ;)

Btw: thanks for your investigations to keep that FM chip baby running! Was a good idea to avoid a lot of used chips dying during the desoldering process. It won't be easy without professional tools -- or you need brilliant nerves and a very quiet hand...

Cheers,

Andreas