midibox fm chip bulk order 1 now finished

airmailed

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi, i think i have sent everyone outside the uk a pm about the chips (i'll do the uk folks this weekend.. i'm a bit tired right now)

if you haven't had a pm from me then please send me one ;-)

and i'm sorry if some of you were sent 2 or 3 messages.. yabb is a bit buggy and it's very late here

all the best

adam

hi everyone...

most people have paid for the chips now, there are about 4 or 5 people left to pay...

please pay as soon as possible if you haven't yet.. if you are waiting for your salary or whatever this is ok ;-) please pm me and let me know when you will pay if this is the case...

best wishes

adam

hi airmail,

how is the status about our bulk order? i've seen, that midibox fm is now ready to be built at ucapps! all schemes for building the hardware are up and torsten has the mios app available on mail request...

can't await this one!

(i'm currently building at three midibox devices...mostly ready to go...advanced MBSid StepB, MBSeq and MB FM *hopefully*

would be incredible to have them all up in around 2 weeks :-)... SID working well, just wants a better psu and is already enclosed, Seq awaits his 19" enclosure and wooden sides for the tabletop action ... and MB FM...its not that ready...just most modules...

oh i forgot!

since i got the c-wrapper from torsten i didn't have got enough time to get some of my thoughts "in code"...i have to apologize

but i'm in a state "after" the brainstorming for at least two mios apps that are *not* that hardware hungry...

i.e.

an interesting harmonic midi keyboard mapper

and an alternative 16ch midi tool / live performance app for the sequencer hardware

)

but for now i'm really seriosly after the FM, just heard this incredible drums in the demos!!!

they would really compliment my electribe m in a funny way!

(i think i must build a new rack for all that stuff coming up at the moment :-)

thanx alot for your effort by now

Martin

(sorry drifted away a little bit OT...incredible community here...beats even the techtalk at prodigy-pro in crative activity...my second beloved forum...)

hi martin

i ordered the chips yesterday, they have already been shipped, should be with me in 5-7 days..

i'll send them out after that...

i'm planning to build a dual sid and at least one (probably only one) midibox fm.. (i think i'm waiting for one of smashs solder masked boards for that one... should make soldering the smd chips much easier)

i've ordered 2 of ken stones steiner vcf boards so i'm planning to have at least one analogue filter in the fm, seems a waste to have that +-12v supply in there only for one board ;-)

i'm interested in making sequencers.. i've been making them in pure data (nice and easy that way), i started with random note generators and have progessed to step sequencers, some play from a 16 step sequnce in random order, lately i've made one which has a set of sounds.. e.g 3 kicks 4 snares 4 hats + 5 spaces, which can be shuffled with a button to create new patterns, lots of fun and i think it's teaching me a little about how to program computers with a text language

best wishes

adam

its good to here that they are on there way, im gonna wait for a soldermask board to come out too, and get a new bit for my soldering iron before going anwhere near those chips!

A while ago i had a bash at writing some sequencers for the BBC micro, you know step stuff, i was working on getting nice sounds from the sound hardware that was on that computer, i gave up after a while, mainly cos although the things you could do with the chip were well documented at the end of the day it sounded fairly dry and crap.

a while ago i found this http://www.colinfraser.com/m5000/m5000.htm whitch looks faily cool. But i think that probibly short of finding a working UMI setup im gonna stick to a pc or mac for sequencing for the time being.

• 2 weeks later...

hi everyone..

the chips finally arrived this morning.. there will be a small delay because i had my credit card stolen and i need to get a new one to order anti static bags etc.... i am hoping to send the chips out early next week

best wishes

adam

Take your time we trust you  ;D

hi everyone..

i am about halfway finished with the packing, the chips did not come in tubes, but in a plastic strip (like pills almost).. i have wrapped these strips in antistatic bags, then put this in a 35mm film container.. with foam sometimes.. then in a padded envelope.. i have been very careful, i think this will be fine (as long as there are no really careless customs inspectors).. i am hoping to send the chips by the weekend

if you get the wrong amount of chips, please pm me.. if you have too many then it may mean someone else does not have enough.. i think i have got it right though ;-)

best wishes

adam

yeah... well d2k is testing the yacs but ideally someone needs to test a ymf or two as well.. i have sent about  half the chips out, the rest tomorrow... well later on today i guess ;-) (including yours skunk) if anyone is ready to build their opl3 module please do it at once ;-) if any chips are dead then i need to know as soon as possible.. (before the 27th or 28th) in order to return them... lets hope they are all ok (i'm imagining everyone returning their chips.. whew).. i think i have to train on soldering smd's before i build my fm... anyway..

bye for now..

I could be intressted in buying one or two YM262 + YACs eventually, so if anyone grows tired of theirs, contact me. You get my email address by adding "johannes.oberg" to "@gmail.com".

And if you're reading this in the year 2010 or something, chances are I'm still intressted :-)

/Janoch

yeaih!

I received mine today!

packed well and the right amount of chips!

Thank you very much! I love it when those international internet cooperations work out like this! ;) *hehe*

I know it's much work to make such bulk orders and I really apreciate your efforts!

best,

julian