display parameter of mbseq on an old notebook scre

moxi

what is my project :to do a mbseq without lcd but using an old notebook (arche np102) with a intel 386 to display all the parameter. I plan to design an interface with synthedith and  make it to respond to the parameter changes of the seq , so you can see what you are doing.

i just want to know if it's possible to send a sysex string or midi each time a button is pressed ,even with the gp or play and pause etc buttons?

i want to put the F1-F4 buttons just under the screen in order to label them on it ,something like menu navigation on mpc samplers.

And can i use the 1GB drive in the notebook to store data ,to avoid the use of bankstick?

i just want to know if it's possible to send a sysex string or midi each time a button is pressed ,even with the gp or play and pause etc buttons?

... should be possible. I'm mostly only concerned with the MidiBox LC... so somebody else, more experienced possibly will answer you this question.

And can i use the 1GB drive in the notebook to store data ,to avoid the use of bankstick?

... you could upload the data from your drive with sysex... I think the bankstick is much quicker and the way to go.

And just a reminder: You better use a LCD anyway... for debuging.

Greets, Roger

Yes... that's actually what it's supposed to do  ;)

I think this should also work with the MBSEQ. You can write a PC application with a graphical interface window. Receiveing commands from your MidiBox for onscreen status display and with buttons to click with the mouse which will send commands back to the MidiBox.

Greets, Roger