bankstick not working

grahamg

Despite my best efforts checking and re-checking wiring and parts, I cannot seem to get the bankstick module to work.  I'm just trying to verify that it works with my core module by running the bs_xfer code in the download section.  I can compile the main.hex and convert to a syx file just fine, but when I upload it to the core (either using MIDIOX or sysexbox, I get errors returned from the core).  Sysexbox returns error codes 0A 00, 0A 3A, and 00 45.  

I have tried several different 24LC256 chips and have double and triple checked the wiring.  I've also tried both MIOS 1.7 and 1.8 RC1.

Help!

thanks,

Graham

Just to clarify: MIOS doesn't seem to even see my bankstick.  The core never tries to format it and if I try to call MIOS_BANKSTICK_SetCtrl, I get an error code of 2 (bankstick not available).

Has anyone had this problem?  Any ideas for what could be causing it?

Thanks,

Graham

Stigmata,

That was exactly the problem.  Thank you so much!!

I was under the impression that the core module was completely compatible with both the 16f and 18f pics.  Didn't realize that there were these subtle differences.

Again thank you!

-Graham

ps. is this difference documented somewhere on the site?