Tap in a sequence?

lukas412

So Im thinking about building the MBSequencer. My question is, is there any way to set it up with a key that you tap in the sequence hits with like  a Roland TR box? If not has anyone talked about this for a future release? Personally I think this feature would make the MBSeq the hottest sequencer around especially for live use. I like putting the steps in maually, but in a live situation, sometimes its just too slow.

Thanks,

Luke

electribe fan like me??? 8)

just joking, but i don't think that a tap feature will be integrated *ever*....

(PLEASE CORRECT ME TORSTEN, OH PLEEEASE!!!  ;D )

it was stated, that he didn't want the SEQ to be a groovebox, but a creativity tool with analogue sequencer feeling...

it seems that the V2 app is already that big, that an enhancement like that may be *impossible* by now...this app is really incredible feature packed for this poor little pics possibilities...

BUT

anyone is free to make a new *modified* sequencer app with other feature set based on mios and the sequencer soft- and hardware...

don't expect torsten to do that...he has to build a few interesting chipsynths, a cheaper cv alternative and alot of unexpected goodies at the moment... ;)

greets

Martin

Hi Luke,

the technical problem which prevents me from implementing a tap function is a lack of resources within the PIC. An additional timer would be required which provides a reference clock which runs independent from the "BPM timer". Without this timer it isn't possible to measure differences between the tapped and the current tempo.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

So probably a solution may be to have one core running the to be programmed "tap sequencer" and one having the mbseq running, linking the cores and finding a way to exchange pattern data / share ressources ???

don't know if i'm getting it roughly?

And yes, i will build the MBSeqV2 anyway...but a tap sequencing option would be a very great thing, even realized with a second core...

thanks for going into detail torsten, forgot it was a timer question of ressources, since your sequencer left over program space for enhancements after all the features it got already (arp styles maybe?)...

hmm...

Martin

Hi Martin,

check the "planned additional features" list under http://www.ucapps.de/midibox_seq.html - this is the stuff which will be implemented sooner or later and which should fit into a single PIC. Once this has been done (maybe in one or two years or so...) I will think about extensions ;-)

Arp styles are already available. In fact the definition of an arpeggio sequence is the definition of a style (the concept is not like that what can be found in common synthesizers)

Best Regards, Thorsten.