oh....my.... Xshuttle's jog wheel move over

tgp

looks nice, untill i see the price  ;)

$95,- is not the kind of money i would spend for this, afterall it is just a hi-tech replacement for an encoder? or am i missing something obvious (didn't have my coffee yet, so good chance). I like touchscreens when they are bigger, so you can have all/most of  the controls on it (wich are expensive to, i know.)

cheers, marcel

i think it should be possible to do the same thing with a classic mobile computer mouse pad  ,adding some programming ,and a ring around and inside ,and i 'm sure someone is abble to do that with mios (i've stop to try to learn the pic programming for this time ,to much work and other thing to do this time ,but i think you just need some conversion (for example ,you just have to convert the pair of value of x and y in only one(if x=a and y=b :1 ,if x=c and y=d :2 ,etc ...)  and to limit the resolution by programing(telling mios to don't care about values that send the corner and the center of the pad and with the rings to limit the control surface.

such a pad is around 30 euros in discount provider

...Well with regards to the xshuttle - just get the chip. There's no reason why the pcb depicted can not be made by anyone here who makes general MIOS pcbs.

Interesting thing with this chip though - is that it would allow a entirely user definable shape & area to the 'control' ...with a mousepad - would be stuck with a couple of inces square.