Your opinion of this Seq V2 Panel

tatapoum

Hi Ludo,

I will order it to shaeffer, but it's just the first study.

please don't order the panel before you've completely prepared all button/encoder boards, otherwise it could happen that anything doesn't fit perfectly. Check also the LCD dimensions and especially the screw holes.

I'm not 100% sure if it is more economic when the Solo button is placed below the track buttons (right to the Layer buttons so that you've 4 in a row), and the Fast/All buttons left to the F buttons. This would save one button row, and 3 * 4 buttons at the right side possibly look better than the current 4/3/4/3 combination

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hi,

please don't order the panel before you've completely prepared all button/encoder boards, otherwise it could happen that anything doesn't fit perfectly. Check also the LCD dimensions and especially the screw holes.

I totaly agree with you. I'm waiting for my order of the button, the lcd and the 3U rack (I've found one with a deep of 150 mm).

I'm not 100% sure if it is more economic when the Solo button is placed below the track buttons (right to the Layer buttons so that you've 4 in a row), and the Fast/All buttons left to the F buttons. This would save one button row, and 3 * 4 buttons at the right side possibly look better than the current 4/3/4/3 combination

That's exaclty the kind of advise I expected for. Because without have played with it, it's difficult to have this approach.

And I realize that I forgot the Power button. Take a look the the new design.

seq2.png

... looks cool! I can't say anything about the ergonomics, since I'm not interrested (for now) in the SID.

What Software did you use for the drawing?

That's not related to SID, it's the sequencer.

The drawing was made with Visio. I use this software at work and it's a piece of art. I can understand why Microsoft has bought it and will include it in Office Pro 2005.

Very nice for simple engineering, flowchart, diagramm, etc... But that's not a freeware.

don't forget the hole for the screw if you need to mount some pcb with the led or the buttons to the back of your front panel..

Yes, but, I'm waiting for all the elements to see if was I intend to do is possible. I want to minimize the number of screw holes in the front panel and that the button don't go into the case when pushing on it.

Something like that this :

profil.png

Thank you all,

ludo

That's not related to SID, it's the sequencer.

Ooops... yes, I mixed it up  :-X ... but I'm also not into the SEQ  ;D

The drawing was made with Visio. I use this software at work and it's a piece of art. I can understand why Microsoft has bought it and will include it in Office Pro 2005.

Very nice for simple engineering, flowchart, diagramm, etc... But that's not a freeware.

I have VISIO from at work as well  ;). But where did you get those buttons from, I don't have those in my standart archive...or are those selfmade templates? Do you have a good link to download those or is it possible, that you mail them to me (if they work with VISIO2000... I think it should)?

Greets, Roger

I have VISIO from at work as well  ;). But where did you get those buttons from, I don't have those in my standart archive...or are those selfmade templates? Do you have a good link to download those or is it possible, that you mail them to me (if they work with VISIO2000... I think it should)?

I've made that with Visio 2000. It's not a shape, it's a quick drawing. I can send you the file you want to arrange it to do a nice shape.

However it's easy to do. A rectangle of 0,5 by 0,7 inch or 0,7 x 0,7 for large one.

Any feed back about the new design ergonomie ? Throsten, is it was you have in mind ?

ludo

Nice - additional ideas: like already mentioned you can use the inbuilt switches of your encoders as a replacement for the FAST button.

Next to the Power switch you could add a MIDI In and Out LED

I'm not sure about the short distance between the encoders, maybe it will be hard to turn a single encoder without touching the neighboured ones - you should try this out

Best Regards, Thorsten.

In an updated design, I've put right of midi tx and rx left to the power switch.

Concerning the encoder, this design was drawn with 15 mm knobs. Thank to Mixo,  I will have some 13 mm knobs.

I will try to mount tree of them in this setup on a draft metal board to try it.

Here is the new design:

seq3.png

Thank you for your advices,

ludo