Sequencer panel help

monokinetic

Hi all,

well last week I posted a message in the documentation section and have been keeping an eye on it. Seems not many people have looked at it so Im being a bit cheeky and posting here again. The reason is tk recently pointed out that its not worth ordering the front panel until the encoders, switches etc are all mounted on breadbaords/veroboards/perfboards (call it what you may!).

So I have spent a long time looking at TK's front panel and creating a computer image to help all of us mount our buttons etc correctly so it fits the MBSeq frontpanel design found on ucapps.

What I need now is someone who has this exact  front panel and the appropriate mounted boards to just open up the MBSeq (I know its a drag but Im trying to help everyone speed up this part of manufacture...)  and count how many holes between 1 encoder, 2 switches and the LEDs. Then I will happily draw an exact board and put it on the portal etc so others can quickly create this board.

Anyone willing to help?

Kind Regards in advance

Dave mK

Hi Dave,

Have you checked photos from Tohrsten here and Martins here.

You can analyse also the space between elements by editing the FrontPanel Designer file. But this space depend of the type of button you choose and how you intend to mount them.  In Thosten's design there is a space of  20,32 mm between eah encoder (that's why I think, but FPD tell me there is a space of 19.69, which is not a multiple of 2.54 ?). That means there one empty row on vector board between each encoder. For my design, there is a space of  17,78 mm in accordance with the button size. Even if this sepup seems more close to the LCD display, it lets not a large place for the encoder knobs. With 15 mm knobs, there's only 2,78 mm between each of them. That's why I have to found 13 mm knobs (I'm waiting for the anwser of Albs).

I'm only in design phase of my MBSeq, but I hope this helps,

ludo