write failure on mios

yaiy

hello everybody

i am having trouble with the uploading of the mios.

first of all i got the usual conformation "F0 00 00 7E 40 00 01 F7" every 2 seconds.

i then uploaded the mios ver 1.7 and got this errors

0e04.jpg

0e04midiox.jpg

note, i get the same error in midi-ox .

i tried the midi loopback  and i get the prescribed result (same same)

i built 2 cores and i tried it with both of them, same error.

i am using the soundblaster pci gameport. updated the drivers.

whats next?

i looked closely at the soldering but i cant seem to find anything wrong.

i also want to add that i get the " F0 00 00 7E 40 00 01 F7" once now, on power on.

i searched the docs and i found out the 0E04 message is related to a writing failure. is that a problem of the midi-in midi-out, the pic or something else?

UPDATE:

i got it to work by changing the device ID from 0 to 1 in SYSXBOX

i get conformation on every packet both for the mios 1.7 and the midio128 in SYSXBOX

problem now is i cant seem to find the option to change the device ID  parameter in midi-ox.

those anyone have a clue? i searched the midiox forum and docs  and came up with nothing.

i think i need to change that in order to view  midi inputs in midi-ox for debuging before i head on to incorparate the inputs in my platform of choise, java.

Hi,

there are so many hints at different places how to change the device ID (mk_syx.pl ... -device_id <id>), I don't know where I should add them anymore.

However, I will ask Adam if he can send you the beta version of MIOSStudio - it's based on Java, can upload MIOS code (one of a lot of features!) and change the device ID on the fly (of course)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

current state:

stil stuck, i get the ping when i power on the core, when in midiox.

but nothing else.

i can read and write to the pic using sysbox (only sysbox), and i get confermation on all packets.

but no midi stream

frusrating as hell, tommorw ill replace the octopelers, i already tried on several wintel systems using both soundblast thru gameport and thru yamaha usb midi adapter.

frustrating, time is ticking but my midi is not

Hi Yaiy,

could it be that you are trying to upload MIOS after the 2 second power-on phase? This won't work, you have to start the upload immediately after the upload request message like described in the MIOS bootloader page

Best Regards, Thorsten.

TK your some kind of psychic midigod .

i wired a switch to my power supply (better then yancking it from the jampers to restart :))and i was able to get confermation to my sysbox packets sending.

to all you lost souls, confermed packets looked like this.

Clipboard01.jpg

it worked for the mios1.7 upload, but for the mios128 i couldnt get it confirm, using the same method i only  was able to send.

i switched to midi-ox and got this...

Clipboard01ox.jpg

check midi-ox config, it was defulat, the guide as info on how to change it, changed...

good. but, the mios128 still wont confirm. not on any upload util.

as it stands, im preaty sure i got the mios core on the core but no application.

still trying

revelation,

my hheart is overjoyed

i was uploading the WRONG mios128

insted of  the preciuos midio128_v2_1c.zip  73k  The complete PIC18F port of MIDIO128 i =, for 4 days and 4 nights was trying to upload the mk_midio128_syx.zip  11k  Creates SysEx Dumps for MIDIO128: midio128.ini -> midio128.syx

it works. i whish to thank TK for you are a nice guy © and would be happy to walk your dog (if you have one).