EPSON LCD WITH SED1531 CHIP

incarnation

Hi William

there is no MIOS driver for this chip available, but it looks very interesting! Because it seems that it supports the "vertical orientation" of a byte - an important requirement for fast display output ("horizontal orientation" leads to a poor performance which is insufficient for an application which should receive and process MIDI and drive graphics at the same time)

Where are such LCDs available?

Best Regards, Thorsten.

hi Thorsten.

Theres a guy who did me an offer for these types of lcd he got them from his work. They have the same size as a 2x40 display. They cost me just 10 euros a piece thats a really good price for an lcd. I'm not sure where they are sold. So these dont work with the current driver means if i want to use them i gotta make a driver myself in assembler? I dont think i could manage that  :-\

Sincerely

William

• 1 year later...

Thorsten,

has this type of display ever made its way through to you? Most probably not, because there is no driver in the LCD section...

Pollin is currently selling some graphical LCDs (121x62) based on this controller for 20 Euros, see here: http://www.pollin.de/shop/detail.php?pg=Ng==&a=Mzg4OTc4OTk=&ts=60

Is this still interesting? I wonder...

Best regards, ilmenator