Schaeffer frontpanel font

tatapoum

Hello,

It seems that everybody use the classic helvetica bold as front panel font.

Has anyone used some other font and could provide a photo of the result ?

My idea is to used the 'Arch, 1-stroke' font with an engraving burin of 0,4 mm (0,2 seems to thin). I want something more fun than Helvetica.

The result with FPD is fine, but I don't know if the result will be similar.

Thank you,

ludo

I personally can't stand helvetica.  I haven't finished my midiboxes yet but I have used Front Panel Express (The north america division of Schaeffer) before and really liked their "Euro" font it was the closest they had to Frutiger which is what most of my own documents are prepared with for consistance.

completems2.jpg

I used Euro Outline with a .2 burin for the top lettering.  And Euro 5-stroke with the .2mm burin for the lower lettering.  The lables under the LED's I did break down and use helvetica since it was the most redable at that size.

It seems to go unnoticed, that the Front Panel Designer uses "standard" shx CAD fonts - although the most fonts found from the Internet simply crash the software after being installed. :P

It would be interesting to know, if these working 3rd party fonts can be used in the layout made to be manufactured by the Schaeffer (instead of just using the image and the lazertran or something). The online documentation doesn't say anything about this.

Bye, Moebius