TR-808 CLONE with mios midi and seq

hallucinogen

:o HOLY MOTHER OF MU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you make all the PCB's and plans and everything?!

That's bloody brilliant man!

(Hope this is not too rude) So I have to ask......... Roughly, how much did all that cost? I'd love to make one minus the seq (just a sound module) but with MIDI :)

You should be congratulated for even completing such a project, especially single handed.... But to share these things with us is truly noble. I would shake your hand if I weren't 10000KM's away.

Well done, nice work, and thankyou

:)

Great work! we have been discussing similar ideas on this thread

http://69.56.171.55/~midibox/forum/index.php?topic=4195.0

So some questions.

Where you able to use the dout to directly trigger the 808 Modules? I was thinking this could be possible, or I was thinking to use a monostable multivibrator. Of course the less circuitry the better.

Anyway, that's real good work you did, plus the documentation and website too!  Much respect to you!

@julian

which links do you mean ? here all links are working ?

@arumblack

yes it is possible to trigger direct from a doutx -

with a little change in the main.asm the pins are only for ~1ms up and that is working well (TK trick)

USER_SR_Service_Finish

clrf    MIOS_PARAMETER1       			
	movlw   0x00     						
	call    MIOS_DOUT_SRSet                
	movlw   0x01     
	call    MIOS_DOUT_SRSet     	
	return

hallucinogen

LOL!!!!!

Nice one dude!

The alternative :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=64382&item=7310346311&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

$890 !  :D

And that price will only go much higher in the next 36 hours.....

And it doesn't have all the uber cool additional features...

And you don't get to say "I made that"  ;D

Why would you want the original?!

just got back from being away all weekend so i'm reading this post for the first time...

OH MY GOD!!!!!  this is it....i've been waiting for this moment for a LONG time.  hallucinogen, an amazing, outstanding, incredible job.  i am in awe.  i NEED to start working on this project immediately.  thanks so much for sharing the info.  i'm so dumbstruck right now, i don't even know what else to say.  thank you!

EDIT:

P.S. your website is really nice...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ,hallucinogen :

could it be possible to extract from your schématics only the part dedicated to the snare ,this project is in my todo list ,but a bit too big for the while (lag of money and knowledge..), and may be the one for the kick?

Great thanks ,your work is beautiful!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

all the not working areas are just empty,

currently i just got no time and motivation to fill them .

the sun is shining in hamburg and mostly im out with friends...

also there is still a little problem on the midi interface to fix - because of this i dont want to release it .

the sequencer pcs will be released as soon as i find my acrobat cd ....

and the psu board is just in process.

the pcb section was planned to sell some pcbs for the 808 clone and maby others, but currently i have no time to make pcbs

here at home. and until now there were not so many interests for ordering from a pcb service ...

i dont know about the future of this section

for the partlist - all lists i have are on the site .

if someone made a list, they are welcome !

and finally the music and samples sections :

due to the lack of webspace - the site is hosted by funpic.de (max filesize = 1mb)

the sections are empty too. i have no money to pay for webspace or better im not willing to pay for it. :P

but maby this problem is gone soon.

if someone has already build some of the stuff please let me know if it works and if you had any problems !

its summertime  !

go outside, enjoy sunshine and beer (or others ;) ) !!

no need to drink but ...   ;D

hallucinogen

• 1 month later...

And you took the time to install connectors between each PCBs, now that's nice work!

The only projects I built right now were on veroboard with CAT5 wire and no connectors, apart from my parallel port LCD which has a male 14 pin on the LCD directly connecting to a 14 pin female on the PCB, the last time I built it without connector and the cooper connections on the LCD PCB went off  :'(

Just gonna add my .02

This is a fantastic project, and is what pushed me into midibox-making.  Simply superb

FYI I'm currently at the breadboard stage with each individual instrument trying to find a way to make all the params controllable so that more than just notes can be sequenced.  Perhaps this is impossible.  I'm gonna try anyway!

• 3 months later...