MIDIbox SEQ V2.2

TK.

The new version v2_2b is now available in the MIOS download section: http://www.ucapps.de/mios_download.html

Fixed bugs:

• firmware doesn't crash anymore when multiple tracks are selected and the GP buttons are pressed
  • MIDI event type (Note/CC/...) printed at first line when in drum mode
  • ALL function disabled in drum mode
  • track shift function disabled in drum mode
  • Solo plays only the selected tracks and layer in drum mode (it's not possible to select multiple layers)
  • manual trigger doesn't stop the sequencer anymore
  • manual trigger plays only one step if sequencer is not in run mode (same behaviour like before)
  • the display artifacts issue should not happen anymore

Please let me know if there are any other (or new...) problems

Best Regards, Thorsten.

hi ,

Solo plays only the selected tracks and layer in drum mode (it's not possible to select multiple layers)

a bit tedious with my workflow ,how to remove this? (i use kill EQ to reduce my beat to the desired element ,i understand that this option could be usefull when composing ,but not for the way i play one time things are programmed)

maybe it could be better to add a mute fonction for each layer? (it's easy to press two button near one from the other ,then the solo butons could  work as before ...?

Hi Moxi,

a bit tedious with my workflow ,how to remove this? (i use kill EQ to reduce my beat to the desired element ,i understand that this option could be usefull when composing ,but not for the way i play one time things are programmed)

open seq_core.inc, search for "SEQ_CORE_Clk_OnEvent_ChkDrumSolo", and remove the code between this and the "SEQ_CORE_Clk_OnEvent_NoDrumSolo" lable

maybe it could be better to add a mute fonction for each layer? (it's easy to press two button near one from the other ,then the solo butons could  work as before ...?

The possibility to select multiple layers at once would be easier (same behaviour like for the track buttons) - but "easier" doesn't mean that the implementation is easy ;-)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Yesterday I found two new bugs in the current firmware: the slide function doesn't work anymore (length > 24), and the sequencer always switches into the song menu when an MIDI Clock Start event is received from external. The bugs are fixed and I will release a new version this weekend (if no other bugs are discovered until then)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hi Thorsten,

It seems that setting two patterns with the same Midi Channel does not merge notes but the second pattern's notes superseed the first pattern's notes. I will analyse this more precisely this week end.

Yesterday night I wanted to send two patterns on one Midi Channel of my Korg MS2000 (maybe the issue is related to this synth). One for the bass line and the other one for the 'melody'. Only the 'melody' was played. Bass was played only when there was no note on the second pattern. It's like a conflict problem.

Best regards,

Ludo

PS : my seq is almost finished, I just have to do some additional photos, preview here

Dag Nabbit!!!

Now you guys have me wanting to build MBSEQ !!!  just to drive my MS2000R!! I was happy with the built in arpeggiator but now you have me wanting to try this... (actually have been thinking about MBSEQ for a couple of months now, using it with AOUT to drive old analog stuff in sequence) 

Life is never boring around this forum !!!! :D

gb

Hi Thorsten,

I've only done this this test withe the MS2000. I will do some more.

I've an big issue actually on my Seq and I've to work on it. I think I've made a short circuit and the Seq behaviour is really strange. Too late now to investigate.

I will check the voltage and also the pic.

ludo

MIDIbox SEQ V2.2c can now be downloaded from http://www.ucapps.de/mios_download.html

Fixed bugs:

• the slide function is working again when the gatelength is >24 and a note is followed by another note
  • the sequencer doesn't switch to the song menu anymore when an MIDI Clock Start event is received from external.

Best Regards, Thorsten.